Report fraud in a community organisation that receives grant funding from govt?

annet

Question - Would you report fraud in a community organisation that receives grant funding from government departments and other grant funders?

Re: Whistleblow or Not?

If you have reliable evidence of it, not to report it would be to be complicit in it.

Please be careful not to give information here which might identify the organisation involved.

Yes, but make sure that you report the suspected fraud to the correct people and that you do not tip anyone off!

As a taxpayer is it your money that is going on the grant, I'd be reporting it.

yes.i think this is very unfair for people to be doing this.just make sure you have your facts straight before picking up the phone.

Depends on whether it is 'fraud' to enrich some individual(s) or 'fraud' as in fuzzy grant applications to get more funds for benefit of community/charity etc. I would definitely report former while I might let the latter slide.

Depends on whether it is 'fraud' to enrich some individual(s) or 'fraud' as in fuzzy grant applications to get more funds for benefit of community/charity etc. I would definitely report former while I might let the latter slide.

Fraud is fraud, report it to the appropriate authorities and let them deal with it accordingly.

Yes, I would report it!

I have seen an awful act happening last month with fund money being used by committees to pick and choose who they want employed and having other idiots go for interview with jobs already given out. FACT! These people must think the state is a joke! Lets kid the funders and advertise the jobs, and waste peoples time that are badly in need of work and then let them down! I was not one of these people but was told about the procedure from a manager on one of these courses.

Yes, report any dodgy findings.

Cash is hard to come by especially in times like this. If there is a fraud being committed then the money is not reaching the people who need/deserve it!

I believe this probably happens all the time and would be impossible to prove.

Yes, I would report it!

I have seen an awful act happening last month with fund money being used by committees to pick and choose who they want employed and having other idiots go for interview with jobs already given out. FACT! These people must think the state is a joke! Lets kid the funders and advertise the jobs, and waste peoples time that are badly in need of work and then let them down! I was not one of these people but was told about the procedure from a manager on one of these courses.

Yes, report any dodgy findings.

It's happening more than people think.... no accountability whatsoever. I was an employee in a company where a job had become available. The job was a post funded by a public grant. The position was just advertised publicly as required to do so, when the manager sends an email around to all the companies employees and the companies directors. The email told us that the post was vacant and that a named person was currently job seeking and available, that this person knew the area and wait for it... the person from the grant funding body was prepared to recommend her (the post was just advertised, short-listing and interviews had not even taken place). Guess who got the job... the person who the manager named.

Question - Would you report fraud in a community organisation that receives grant funding from government departments and other grant funders?
Yes, report it. It's no different than breaking into a house or stealing a car.

You must report evidence of the alleged fraud/irregularity being carried out by the community organisation to the relevant govt agency in the first instance.

Back