reply to car for sale ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rousey53

hi guys i advertised my car for sale in carzone and got the following reply what do you think?

""Thanks for your mail.
I have contacted my Bank to Issue you draft of 3500euros for the payment of the car through Fiduciary agent,the draft will clear in your account in 5days,you will need to send me your Full Names, Address and Phone number,the draft will get to you early next week.Once you receive the draft Inspection will still take place as schedule. You can consider the car sold to me.""

does this sound right to you?

In your heart and soul what do you think??

You KNOW its a scam, but want to believe it as you want to sell your car (understandable).

"If it seems too good to be true, it normally is too good to be true"

Don't even reply.

Its a scam!!

Loads of similar posts here, do a search.

so does he ask for my bank details next or whats he up to. i have also had three enquiries from fellas known as captain ..... ...... are the army lads short of cars! i think i will lead him on i am curious as to what he is up to

Just to save you trawling through myriad posts, pertinant to this type of scam on this forum, I will give you a broad outline( of one way,it can go).........

You recieve an authentic looking cheque/draft for more than the asking price.

You lodge same.

You are then contacted, "apologising" for his mistake in sending an amount larger than the price of the car and could you please return the "excess".

You do, and lo and behold, his cheque bounces!! You are now out of pocket.

This one is in its simplest form, and if a fiduciary agent is involved it can get a lot more complicated, or "slicker", whichever you prefer.

You have been warned, but of course, you do have to take heed.

Here is a little reading for you.

Keep us posted........

As far as I know, details of scams arising when selling cars are in the key posts at the top of the cars and motoring section. There is no need to go trawling through posts, etc.

Sparkrite has outlined the circumstances to a tee, but this question has been asked before(many times)

Have you looked at the key post for selling cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back