Hi, I want to replace my old oil boiler which heats all the radiators in a 4 bed semi-detached house.
House was built in early 1960's, and a back of envelope estimate I got to insulate the house to the standard needed before a heat pump is installed was about €50K. This is out of the question, so I think I have to replace the oil boiler with a new oil boiler.
There is no gas supply where I live.
My question is - are there any other alternatives?
Does anyone have experience of how much it takes to heat a 4 bed Semi Detached house with modern electric radiators, or modern electric storage heaters?
I have seen infra red heating being promoted on social media, has anyone experience of this? Is it possible to heat a 4 bed Semi Detached house with infra red, and how much would it cost?
Are there any other potential alternatives to oil boilers?
Any advice, comments would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
T
House was built in early 1960's, and a back of envelope estimate I got to insulate the house to the standard needed before a heat pump is installed was about €50K. This is out of the question, so I think I have to replace the oil boiler with a new oil boiler.
There is no gas supply where I live.
My question is - are there any other alternatives?
Does anyone have experience of how much it takes to heat a 4 bed Semi Detached house with modern electric radiators, or modern electric storage heaters?
I have seen infra red heating being promoted on social media, has anyone experience of this? Is it possible to heat a 4 bed Semi Detached house with infra red, and how much would it cost?
Are there any other potential alternatives to oil boilers?
Any advice, comments would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
T