Replacing central heating boiler

Kevvfr

Hi all,
I will be replacing my old firebird 90/120 interior boiler for a external condenser one this winter at some stage, so I'm wondering what would be an ideal replacement for what I have and roughly the cost to purchase same.
Thanks.

A few reasons, I want to make more room in my utility, condenser boilers are supposed to be more efficient also I would feel better knowing that all fumes would be outside in case there was ever any issues. I do think I can smell fumes every now and again.

Vieesman is good boiler but whatever one you choose, ensure that you get it from a company that will be around to service it for years. Cheap installation is fine at start but you need a reliable person/company as years go on.

Never heard of Vieesman, I won't be rushing into buying just anything, the one I have is 16 years old now but in recent years I've had to get a couple of jobs (minor) done to it, hopefully whatever I get will bring me into my retirement years. If there will even be oil then or even allowed to burn it.

Before you spend money replacing a boiler, make sure your home is an well insulated a draught proofed as possible.
Otherwise, the improved efficiency of a condensing boiler is completely wasted.

I'm looking at a Warmflow oil external boiler right now, it's around €1100 with fitting extra, not the top of the range but with a 5 year warranty, anybody have experience of these.

Back