Replacing analog boiler timer with digital

But the twin pack has been reduced in the Black Friday sale from €359.99 to €309.99
Just got them in Harvey Norman for €279, supposed to be ex display but still in the sealed box
Considering buying a single one is €199, it's not a bad deal :)
 
Just to offer an alternative. I replaced a Siemens RWB30E 24 Hour Mechanical Programmer - a 1 channel system - with the Hive Mini v 4 system (about €170 from Screwfix). I've posted below the wiring behind the Siemens. Pretty straight forward once you carefully read the Hive instructions. The system works very well. A 'hub' connects to your internet router. A 'thermostat' (battery powered) talks to both the hub and the 'controller'. The latter is what replaces your existing mechanical timer while the thermostat is placed in the room you want to 'sense'. An app on your phone completes the setup allowing for both remote control with the usual perks of frost protection, heating boost before you get home etc. I've also linked it to Alexa so you can tell it to 'Alexa, boost heating'.
Would happily recommend. I think you can have it cover multiple zones too by adding more thermostats/controllers and all linking back to the hub.

1763234728810.webp
1763234795021.webp

1763234878768.webp
 
Back
Top