Replacing a Triton T90....

onekeano

Have an old Triton T90 that is on the blink and want to replace it. Someone told me that the Triton T80 is a lot quieter but I'm wondering if it would fit without having to retile the shower.

Any receommendations for one over the other would be appreciated or if there are any others that are recommended (the caveat being that I don't want to have a gaping hole in the tiles and have to retile the whole shower area).

Thanks in advance
Roy

T 90 pumped cistern fed electric shower comes off tank in attic.

T 80, no pump, mains fed. Have you good mains pressure?.

It should fit,without distrubtion of tiles. pipe would be changed over in attic. do not consider unless you have very strong mains pressure.

Hi Davey - actually pressure is pretty poor so that probably rules out the T80?

Would you recommend another T90?

Thanks
Roy

A Triton T80 is a mains fed shower. A T90 is Tank fed so shape and size aside, they're not interchangeable without modifying pipework. The T90 is usually as reliable as anything else on the market. The most common fault with it is it will run hot and cold and is remedied by taking the shower head off and descaling it.

There's a strong recommendation for the Mira Sport here if its suitable.

Our Triton T90 is great but very noisy. Have it a long, long time.

There are a lot of previous threads about showers and some of them might help with your query.

Last edited:
thank you all for the feedback - just wondering if the Mira T90 would be compatible in terms of avoiding the need for retiling?

Roy

Changed mine recently for another T90...i think it was an XR... had to drill some new holes in the tiles to support shower as slightly different shape but lucky it covered the existing holes

It's a Mira Elite ST or Elite 2 depending on age, and it will be different to a Triton T90, pipe positon wise,. There is very little in the differance of noise/proformance.

A Mira Sport is a mans fed shower.

Sounds like it the T90 XR for me so..... the wife will think I'm changing the car!!!!

Thanks for all your help folks - and a Happy New Year!

Roy

We replaced our 8 y/o Triton T90 with the newer T90 a few months ago & it was pretty seamless... thanks to our decent plumber!

As before the T90xr is the current model T90. The wiring and pipework are the same and i think two of the screw holes, so you will have to drill a couple of new holes.

I replaced a 10/15 year old t90 with an XR. My old set up had the tiles around it instead of underneath it but luckily I had some of my old bathroom tiles. I cut a hole in the new tiles for the pipework and electrical cable, put them up using a small tube of special tile adhesive which doubles as grout and it all fitted together perfectly. If you dont need to retile then it should be easy. The hardest part is getting the pipework to compress so it doesnt leak.I think you need some special wrenches for that. Apart from that it was like fitting together a lego set.

Back