Thanks to @S class i have a good grasp i think of the eligibility for jobseekers benefit. I was wondering about taking up seasonal work later this year as i have a long commute in my current full time job.
I understand that if i have full prsi contributions in the governing year (2024 for this 2026) then i will be entitled to full jobseekers when seasonal job ends.
In the next year 2027 i can also make a new claim for jobseekers after seasonal job ends as the governing year 2025 also has full prsi contributions.
However in subsequent years for example 2028, the governing year is 2026. I understand that if the seasonal work lasts 6 months and provides 26 prsi contributions then i can still claim jobseekers benefit.
Is this a correct assumption?
And can this go on indefinitely once the seasonal job keeps rehiring for 6 months at least?
I understand that if i have full prsi contributions in the governing year (2024 for this 2026) then i will be entitled to full jobseekers when seasonal job ends.
In the next year 2027 i can also make a new claim for jobseekers after seasonal job ends as the governing year 2025 also has full prsi contributions.
However in subsequent years for example 2028, the governing year is 2026. I understand that if the seasonal work lasts 6 months and provides 26 prsi contributions then i can still claim jobseekers benefit.
Is this a correct assumption?
And can this go on indefinitely once the seasonal job keeps rehiring for 6 months at least?