Repairs in New House

raulDublin

Hi All.

I have the following budget for the costs of repair work we have in a house we have gone sale agreed on . Can someone tell me if this is too low ?
House in a 4 BHK in blanch/Roselawn .

re-plumbing of the property - 11K
- Replump and Remove GB Pipes -There are GB pipes going to the Rads i.e pipes as well as extensions to the Rads are GB and need to be replaced with Insulated Copper .The new work gets fitted with separate zoning for living area, bedrooms, hot water.
- Replace Oil with New Gas Boiler -New condensing combi-boiler ? preferred viessmann or other also considering that there may be extension to the house in the future 5 years .
- Replace Rads with new Rads - 8 Rads estimated to be removed and new Rads .Rezone upstairs/ downstairs and hot water circuit will independent time and temperature control as per current regulations.
- Current OFCH replaced with Gas which means that new Board Gas Connection and Meter will nee to be applied prior to work.Area - 4 Bed Semi D of 137 Sq mtr . Current Boiler is in the Back garden and enough space in the Utility for nee Gas Boiler and or/ Wall mount.
- New TRV's

Re-wiring -10 K
- Fuseboard - replace and install modern MCB board fitted
- New sockets in place of existing and new sockets with a total sockets : - 6X double on kitchen worktops 4 single below on kitchecn and - 2 doubles / bedroom roughly 10
- Add new approx 20 Downlights in place of existing ones for MV CFL
- rewire cat 6 for cable in 2 X locations ?

Toilets-15K

- 1 Toilet and 1 small ensuite
- 2 new showers cabinets,showers ,wash basins New floor tiles and wall tiles
- 2 new vanity Units

New Flooring - 6K

I know there are many things to consider here for new flooring, type of flooring and I am only having a ballpark number here for now ....

Can someone also recommend any good plumbers and electricians in D15 area ? I am a first time buyer and clueless about many things right now ...

Thanks , Raul

Last edited by a moderator:
Back