Repair,Replacement, or depreciated refund

10to1

Hi, I've had a home appliance repaired 4 times in the past 2 months. The appliance had a 2 yr warranty that was upgraded to 5 yrs by the manufacturer owing to a design fault which the manufacturer owned up to on BBC Watchdog. the appliance was recalled. Mine broke down. It's now 4 years old. The appliance has been repaired free of charge but its still not working and within the 5 yr extended warranty. The manufacturer has offered a depreciated refund based on how old it is etc etc. (the figure has not been given) but I reckon it'll be quite low. I have requested a replacement appliance of similar age/condition without the defect (a different model) The have agreed but are finding it difficult to source. Do I have any rights? If they can't replace should I push for a new replacement? Am I entitled to a new one if they can't replace. Thanks

What sort of an appliance is it? If you got 4 years' good service from it, I think you should accept a "depreciated refund" and just buy a replacement of your own choice.

Back