Renting to Students

K

Kya

Hi

I have decided to rent my apartment as I am moving in with my partner.

I have had a call from the father of a student wanting to view the apartment with his son.

What would be the norn in relation to renting to students, should I request a larger security deposit?

Thanks

K.

FWIW - In my experience it is irrelevant whether it is students or professionals. I have let the rooms in the house I live in for the past 4 years and there is no strong preference to either one.

It really comes down to the person and how much they respect other people's property. A professional / ord. worker can create just as much damage / abuse to your items as a student can.

How do they keep themselves? Do you get a good vibe from them? I have learnt the hard way and now between me and one other person in the house, we decide who comes in. I would welcome a second opinion from a close mate / family member when you are showing prospective tenants around.

If you feel you must get a higher deposit by all means do this if it makes you feel more secure. However, a person will always do what they want to do.

Back