Renting out my house

andrea79

How is the market at the moment? is it hard to get houses rented out? Im considering renting out my house in the next 4 months or so and just wondering is it hard to get tenants?
Thanks

ps Sorry for all the questions, just found this site and have so much to ask.:confused:

Take a look at www.daft.ie. This will give you an idea of what rents are being asked for in your area. Bear in mind that if you are willing to reduce the rent below what similar properties in the area are seeking then you should let it quicker.

I'd say if you're in the Dublin area it would still be a good time to rent

yes i have been taking it all in.
Im just asking people how easy it is to rent out your house if that was going to be an option for me. All these things are coming into my head so thats why im asking all the questions. Im just trying to get a feel of whats the best way to go and getting peoples opinions and views on each.

This is a difficult one to answer, as it really depends on where the house is, the condition it is in and the terms, costs etc. I managed to get another year rental on my own in Dublin within the past 3 months, with a slight increase on the rent from last year. This is surprising in the current market, but when you consider the location, it makes sense. Quiet area, near transport schools etc, and no rental property near me. I would suggest, as noted above, throw it onto Daft now and judge the feedback from people. If you have time, put up the rent that you would like. If this does not work, reduce it until you get a bite(s)You are lucky that you have four months to get somebody in, as most dont have this luxury.

Thanks, im in meath, Dunshaughlin, its a newish (2yrs old) house, 3 bed terrace in a nice quiet estate.Even if i rented it i would still need to pay the shortfall and the rate would have gone up since my 2 yrs fixed which is up in Jan, so i might still end up paying what i am at the mo, i have a lodger and my parents help which is great.
So maybe i should consider renting out the 3rd room,even for a yr or 6 months.
God its so complicated, and scary too.

You really need to get some independent, professional advice on your overall situation.

Thanks, im in meath, Dunshaughlin, its a newish (2yrs old) house, 3 bed terrace in a nice quiet estate.Even if i rented it i would still need to pay the shortfall and the rate would have gone up since my 2 yrs fixed which is up in Jan, so i might still end up paying what i am at the mo, i have a lodger and my parents help which is great.
So maybe i should consider renting out the 3rd room,even for a yr or 6 months.
God its so complicated, and scary too.
You could also sell the house if you cannot afford it as you plainly can not and are relying on you parent's help, can they afford to subsidise you indefinitely

Back