Rental relief-landlord not paying tax

ClubMan said:
If they are evading their tax or other responsibilities then I certainly hope so. Why should I and other tax compliant citizens carry the can for others who engage in tax evasion (i.e. a genuine rip-off in Ireland in contrast to the so-called rip-offs that many people moan about)?
If they are evading tax then they should get into trouble - or at least settle their liabilities. This is not your problem. Of course if you want to facilitate possible tax evasion then that's a matter for yourself but nobody here would recommend it.

Well said clubman! I think a lot of the rip-off thing is exaggerated, but tax evasion is certainly costing us tax compliant people a lot. The country just wouldnt function without taxes (debatable if it does anyway I know:) ) they are a necessary evil.

Does anyone know why agents are loath to provide landlords PPS number? Is it a privacy issue? I wouldn't have thought your PPS number is much use to anyone else.

cian8 said:
Does anyone know why agents are loath to provide landlords PPS number? Is it a privacy issue? I wouldn't have thought your PPS number is much use to anyone else.

Well I sure wouldnt give mine out! :)

Back