Rental income advice - Revenue worries

Yes the stress and worry is unbelievable. I can't believe that we were more or less told don't worry he'll be gone. Every offer made to the bank was refused. They have no empathy at all and unfortunately as he got sick some things went unpaid and a life insurance policy was one. I have met another person in the same situation. There is life insurance but their bank is refusing to help until after the death.
My husbands bank came back and offered a voluntary surrender, we offered this years ago and they said no. They want vacant possession as a condition but the tenant won't leave. My husband is not up to the rtb process, he is wheelchair bound now and on assisted breathing and our next step is a feeding tube and ceiling hoist.
What a mess.
You say that " as he got sick some things went unpaid" and this included the life insurance policy.
However, many policies include a " terminal illness clause" . This will pay out if the client is diagnosed with a terminal illness, prior to death.
If your husband met the criteria, at the time he was paying for the policy, he may be entitled to a payment.
It would require a medical consultant indicating that, in his belief, the illness was terminal and likely to result in death.
It might be worth getting hold of a copy of the life insurance policy and lodging a retrospective claim.

You say that " as he got sick some things went unpaid" and this included the life insurance policy.
However, many policies include a " terminal illness clause" . This will pay out if the client is diagnosed with a terminal illness, prior to death.
If your husband met the criteria, at the time he was paying for the policy, he may be entitled to a payment.
It would require a medical consultant indicating that, in his belief, the illness was terminal and likely to result in death.
It might be worth getting hold of a copy of the life insurance policy and lodging a retrospective claim.
If you can't find the paperwork see if you can find out the company from the bank statements and get in touch with them. It sounds like you are at capacity with your family, is there a trusted friend or relative who could help you? I can't imagine the stress for your family so if you can get help from someone you don't mind sharing your situation with it might reduce some of the stress.

Back