Rental Accommodation Scheme

sammi

When your housed under the Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS) the council pays the landlord and you pay the council a percentage of your household income.

Can anyone tell me exactly what percentage of your income you pay the council? I've been looking into this for a few days now and can't get an answer anywhere. Im in north dublin.

So ive just found the answer to my own question lol.

The rent of a dwelling let on differential rent will be calculated as 15% of the principal earner’s weekly assessable income, which exceeds €32.00.

After the rent payable in respect of the principal earner has been assessed, 15% of the weekly assessable income of each subsidiary earner, which exceeds €32.00, will be added to the weekly rent, subject to the following maximum contributions:
  • The maximum weekly rent contribution that will be assessed on the income of any individual subsidiary earner will be €19.00.
Im a bit confused so if someone could break this down in plain english please. Does this mean that the subsidiary earner only has to pay a max of 19euro???

Yes - each subsidiary earner pays 15% of their weekly assessable income (above €32) up to a maximum contribution to rent of €19 pw.

There may be several subsidiary earners, so each of them are liable for the 15% (up to €19). contribution.

Back