Rent Treadmill for home use

little Q

HI,
Does anyone have any experience of renting a treadmill for home use? is it worthwhile, or is the quality of them not as good as ones in the gym?

Any info and advice would be great...
Thanks

LQ

I wouldn't bother renting one, there are plenty of second hand ones for sale out there - buy a cheap one and if you get good use of it you could invest in a better one!.

I bought a treadmill for home years ago, honest to god I think I used it twice maybe three times, I find it very hard to motivate myself at home yet in the gym it's no problem!

I agree.;)

Seriously though, used to have one at home too and it ended up gathering dust. I had fond ideas of being able to use it in the mornings before work, watching favourite programmes etc. Can only motivate myself when I go to the gym too when a bit of competitive spirit kicks in. But if you are in earnest ( and very likely more motivated than me anyway) it's worth a try.

My wife tried it. 150 euros for 3 months, treadmill was gym quality.

She actually used it a lot, maybe because I was grumbling so much about the cost of it.

It's probably a good idea if your thinking of buying an expensive one, rent one first, if you make use of it, then you can think of buying one.

Peadar

I agree.;)

Seriously though, used to have one at home too and it ended up gathering dust. I had fond ideas of being able to use it in the mornings before work, watching favourite programmes etc. Can only motivate myself when I go to the gym too when a bit of competitive spirit kicks in. But if you are in earnest ( and very likely more motivated than me anyway) it's worth a try.

Mine didn't actually gather dust - just became my new wardrobe. Same thing happened with the bike and the pilates ball - very effective for hanging clothes up:D

Thanks - i know i'd be amongst the long list of people who never used it once the novely wore off... hence i'm looking to rent one for a while !!!

if you know of any places in Dublin that rent good reliable sturdy ones please let me know! i've had a brief search, but too many different models and i don't know anything about them!

Thanks,
LQ

Thanks - i know i'd be amongst the long list of people who never used it once the novely wore off... hence i'm looking to rent one for a while !!!

Is running outdoors out of the question?
I bought a treadmill this time last year and still use it occasionally but much prefer to run outside, fresh air, changing scenery makes a run much more enjoyable.

There are loads of couch to 5km programmes that you can follow. It can be a bit daunting running outside at first but it's just a matter of getting out the door for the first time then you'll be grand.

its the rain.. the cold... and the constant stopping at traffic lights that puts me off... and the fact that its so easy to stop - whereas i find it easier to run at a constant pace for a longer time on the treadmill in the gym (membership now up) ....and it takes a lot more effort to stop !!!

i'm in the minority, i know! :- )

Back