Rent Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

balkanhawk

Hello all,

My girlfriend and i are currently renting a property from a family relative. It has been for sale for six months but is not shifting. We are paying €900pm which i approximately €200pm below the average rent for the development. This was due to the fact that we are a saving a deposit and they are living with their parents in Cork.

They have recently sale agreed on a property and will consequently have two mortgages. They have indicated that they will have to substantially increase the rent in the near future. The current arrangement is very informal with no tax declaration or relief.

If the rent is increased to the area average of €1100pm would my partner and i be entitled to rent relief individually? What relief would we be both due if we paid a yearly rent of €13200? Is there relief for utility bills such as electricity/cable?

I plan to tell them that i will only accept the rental increase if the property is tax declared, would this be prudent?

The current arrangement is very informal with no tax declaration or relief.

I plan to tell them that i will only accept the rental increase if the property is tax declared, would this be prudent?
Please don't post here asking for advice on how to exploit an incident of tax evasion for your own benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back