Rent Allowance

K

KarenWoods

Hi Guy/Gals

I really need some advise here, I was given a place to live by my family(not the family home).
We had a verbal agreement that I could stay there indefinitly. I was told that I will be given 6 months notice
to move out of the property when the time comes. I come from a large family. One day out of the blue totally unknown to me I was given 4 months notice
to move out and find somewhere to live. Since then my entire family have alienated me, even the ones that I was close to. I
have not let the property run down, I have painted and decorated the place at my own expense. I have contacted a drain
company and got the drains don on 4 occasions. All maintenance on this property has been my at my own expense(which I don't mind). I have a 7 year old which the rest of my family don't come near us as they are being instructed by this family
member. Where do I stand legally? I have no lease agreement signed and the bills are not in my name(but I pay them all to
date). But where I stand legally? What can i do if I come home from work some day and the locks are changed. I really need
some advise as I am in a spot with my 7 year old. My partner is still on the scene and supports me financially and
emotionaly when he can.I just can't afford a deposit and rent to move out. I work 3 days a week and get jobseekers for the other 2 days. Will I be entitled to Rent Allowance? Any advise would be greatly taken, I am desperate at this stage.

Karen.

Back