rent allowance tenants

blueskies

We have never had rent allowance tenants before but for the first time we seem to be in a situation where the only potential tenants are rent allowance tenants. Can anyone advise what is the difference? Do you still get deposit and months rent in advance. This would be very important to us. Who do you get the references from if there is no employer?Will a rent allowance tenant treat the property as well in peoples experience. My extended family had a rent allowance tenant a few years ago in a property they were renting and they ended up having incredible stress with them around drugs(ecstacy) being discovered by a neighbours child on the garden. They then refused to leave and there was a lot of stress around that too. As I dont want to generalise from my experience I was wondering about peoples experiences. We have spent a good bit of time and money in making the house really looking very good and good furniture and we need tenants who will respect the property
any advice appreciated

we have had sw tenants for the last year or so and found them more reliable than tenants in employment the only thing i stipulate is no smoking in the property. I visit property every month and collect rent never a problem

Back