Rent allowance questions

S

skygem

I am a mature student on rent allowance, and am looking to move to Dublin city(I am currently in very unsuitable accommodation). I am having a real problem finding somewhere, as most ads say 'no rent allowance accepted'. On occassions where there hasn't been such a notice, I have gone to view flats but haven't gotten them-I suspect they got rented to professionals instead. I am wondering if I am obliged to tell a landlord that I am on RA at the viewing stage?

I am wondering if I am obliged to tell a landlord that I am on RA at the viewing stage?
I doubt it but then again if they are going to baulk at RA tenants isn't it better to know sooner rather than later?

As clubman states I also don't think you are obliged to tell landlord at viewing stage about RA but if you are then interested in the accommodation offerred could you try doing a deal. Make it an interesting prospect for him. Bring checkable references, offer to have the rent cheque made payable to him (guaranteed income for him), anything else you think would change his mind.

There's no basis for claiming that Professional people treat landlords any better or any worse than RA tenants.

Back