Rent a Room

M

mencher

HI,

My question is is it possible to avail of the 'rent a room' scheme on two properties at the same time and is it possible to be owner occupier on two properties ? I am asking this because i must make tax returns dating back to 2004 / 2005 in the form of an 'Unprompted Disclosure' . My work involved alot travel (within Ireland) back then and i owned two properties which i lived in but rented out rooms to tenants aswell.

My question is is it possible to avail of the 'rent a room' scheme on two properties at the same time and is it possible to be owner occupier on two properties ?
No and no. An individual or married (or cohabiting?) couple can only have a single PPR.
I am asking this because i must make tax returns dating back to 2004 / 2005 in the form of an 'Unprompted Disclosure' .
What does that mean?
My work involved alot travel (within Ireland) back then and i owned two properties which i lived in but rented out rooms to tenants aswell.
Only one can have been your PPR at any point in time.

You should probably get professional advice on your returns especially if they are on foot of a spot check by Revenue.

Back