Renewing rental agreement question

Sharkee

Current annual lease with tentants is up soon so I need to get a new contract in place.

Can I just use the last contract the estate agent sent me for last year and edit it accordingly or do I have to engage the estate against again?

Also is it even necessary to issue a new annual contract with all th new government requirements?

It is the tenants' choice as to whether they want a new fixed term agreement, not the landlord's choice. In my opinion, for the landlord it is really irrelevant as the tenants may still get out of a fixed term tenancy whereas the landlord cannot (unless there are specific clauses in the lease which would allow him to do so.

I presume the last contract was a fixed term for 1 year. Therefore, the tenants have acquired their Part 4 rights (after 6 months in occupation) which include not having to sign a new fixed term lease. The initial agreement just continues as a Part 4 tenancy. Any special conditions that were in the original contract continue (such as not pets allowed).

If the tenants want more security of tenure they may request another fixed term agreement. You could just use the original contract and edit it accordingly. However, it may be copyright.

You can download a lease agreement from several websites, which may or may not include parts of the new Acts now in place.

Thanks facetious.

The tenants want to stay on and I am happy to have them.

So are there no lease agreements anymore then really?

I think in any business agreement there has to be a contract to serve both parties.

Could someone link to a good upto date contract online which I can download?

Back