Laya Renewing online - price higher for existing customer

PaddyBloggit

When I go to renew with Laya online I get a higher price quoted to me rather than if I look to buy as a new customer.

e.g.

Flex 500 Explore
==> €863.56 (existing customer) but is €710.78 (new customer)

Essential Health 300 ==> €922.03 (existing customer) but is €895.17 (new customer)

As per snowyb's advice I want to change from Flex 500 Explore to Essential Health 300 but paying a higher premium just because I'm an existing Laya customer annoys me.

Can I sign up as a new customer (online) for Essential Health 300 and then cancel my existing Flex 500 Explore with Laya as and from the renewal date of February 1st?

What's the best way to approach this?

I pay existing plan via monthly Direct Debit... will I have issues cancelling existing DD and setting up a new DD?

PaddyBloggit,

The 922.03 price for Essential Health 300 plan, is not related to a discount for new customers.

The difference in price from 895.17 is a 3% charge if you pay by monthly installments.
The only way to avoid this charge is to pay the full year premium up front.

The Flex 500 Explore price difference is a 10% price reduction for new customers.
This often happened before, and posters on here renewed by phone and asked for the same discount, with success.

Regards, Snowyb

Back