Health Insurance Renewing Insurance Totally Confused

midnightrocks

Hi

I'm taking over my health insurance, my parents have paid it previously, and my head is spinning at all of the options and plans.

I'm on First Plan Plus Level 1 and it seems a bit expensive at 1,500 a year. I don't mind paying about 1,000 a year. I'm in perfect health and I really want it in case of something serious happening. I do like the idea of having cover for some of the good private hospitals though. I don't know is this realistic if I want to only pay about 1,000 a year?

Thanks!

Hi midnightrocks,

Welcome to AAM. The plan you are on at the moment 'First Plan Plus Level 1' has no excess payable on admission to private/hi-tech hospitals -
that's why it's more expensive. If you don't mind taking out a plan with an excess, only payable if you are admitted to a private or hi-tech
hospital for surgery or for day case procedure, there are a few options worth considering. There is no excess payable in any public hospital.

The following plans include cover for the 3 levels of hospital - public, private and hi-tech hospitals. The price range is 1100approx.

1. VHI One Plan; price 1095pa;(1147 from 1 Nov 2016) public, private and hi-tech hospital cover included. Private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission or day case.

2. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1131pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover included. Private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission
or day case. Good day to day cover included, gp refund 25 per visit, consultant 60 refund per visit, etc.

3. LAYA Simplicity plan; price 1087pa; public, private(including private room) and hi-tech hospital cover included. Private/hi-tech excess 100 x 2
per year max, day case excess 50 per visit. Good day to day cover - first 100 not allowed.

4. LAYA Simply Connect; price 1101pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover included. Private/hi-tech excess 150 x 2 max per year, day case
excess 50 per visit. Good day to day cover, 1 euro excess - max refund per year 300.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
Back