Renewed cashback?

tomdublin

Quick question: I switched to Flogas a little over a year ago to one of their plans giving me 220 Euro cashback. After one year they put me on their "regular" tariff. Yesterday I went on bonkers.ie and switched back to the Flogas 1 year plan with 220 renewed cashback. So my question is will they let me get away with that even though I have only switched plan rather than provider? There was nothing on bonkers.ie to suggest otherwise. Thanks for your help!

What did the terms & conditions say? Anything about cash back being restricted to new customers?

Flogas' T&Cs state:

Cashback/welcome bonus offers are available to Flogas Residential customers entering into a 12-month contract on specified tariffs. Payment by Direct Debit is mandatory to avail of any Cashback/ welcome bonus offer.

Nothing there restricting it to new customers.

Thanks, that's what I thought. These 220 a year are easy money, I wonder why not everyone is doing this.

Last edited:
These 220 a year are easy money, I wonder why not everyone is doing this.
On average usage, Electric Ireland's EnergySaver 30% plan is still €33 cheaper in year 1, even after applying the cash back. The cash-back is a 2 year contract, so it will be €258 more expensive in year two.

Don't get caught with the gimmick of cash-back if it's not cheaper for you over the full contract term.

On Bonkers you can do the comparative calculation by facturing in the cashback. Flogas gives the same cashback and (almost) the same rates for both their 1 and 2 year plans (which makes the 2 year plan a bad deal for most average consumers compared to the 1 year plan).

On Bonkers you can do the comparative calculation by facturing in the cashback. Flogas gives the same cashback a
Yeah, on average use their 2 year plan works out more expensive by €291 over the two years. Their 1 year plan works out more expensive by €79 after the cashback.

That depends on how much gas you use. In general, the less you use the more lucrative are cashback offers as opposed to reduced prices.

That depends on how much gas you use. In general, the less you use the more lucrative are cashback offers as opposed to reduced prices.
True, I was just using the average consumption figures. Highlights the importance of understanding your usage before shopping around.

Back