Renewal/upgrade

owm1

Hi folks.
I need a little help/advice please.
My wife and I have our health insurance with Laya which is due for renewal on 1st March '19. Our current plan is Flex 500 explore which costs a total of e135.82 per month and this will rise to e 143.89 on renewal.
We also have cover HSF fca
which costs a total of e 57.20 per month.
So total cover per mth now is e 193.02 or e 2316.24/ year.
Q: is there a better way/ better value for that amount of money or maybe less (hopefully less).
Would it be better to have just one policy to cover all?
We are a couple in our mid/late sixties with no known medical problems .
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

own1,

An alternative option worth considering with Laya is as follows;

1. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 2 max for
all admissions per year. Day case excess 50 per procedure in a private or hi-tech hospital. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital.
Good day to day cover included, 1 euro excess, refund of 50% for gp, consultants, dental, physio etc. - subject to a max refund of 500 per
year.
[broken link removed]

Total price; 1100 x 2 = 2200 + 3% charge if you pay by installments = 2266pa.

The above plan has better hospital cover overall. There is extra hi-tech hospital cover on this plan, not covered on Flex 500 Explore.
There are lower excess amounts to pay if you are admitted to a private hospital for surgery/treatment. Max excess 150 x 2 per year compared
to 500 excess per admission. Day case excess just 50 per procedure compared to 150 per day case. Good day to day cover included.
All round a better plan without having to pay for extra HSF cover.

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you for your help Snowyb.
That looks like a better way to go ok..
May I also ask do I have to put a new policy in place immediately the old one expires or can I hold off for awhile . Was there something about being covered for 13 weeks or is that gone..
Thanks again.

I Would be very grateful for advice / help on renewal ...
My Wife and hildren/students are for renewal on 01 03 19
I Would be very grateful for advice / help on renewal ...
My Wife and hildren/students are for renewal on 01 03 19
VHI 2 x adult on PMI4316 57yrs and 58 yrs
1 24yr on PMI4015
1 21 yr on PMI1211
1 18 yr on One Family Plan
Total cost last year €3593
Renewal cost this year €4235.85
18 yr old diagnosed with Scoliosis2015
Any help most appreciated
regards
Aidan

Last edited:
Hi aidan35,

The following VHI plan is highly recommended for the 2 adults and your 18 year old, details as follows;

1. VHI PMI 07 10; price 1188per adult; price 399pa(18 yr old) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 1 max per year for all admissions to a private or hi-tech hospital, day case excess 50 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50% for consultant visits, gp visits, dental, physio etc.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

21 and 24 year olds
The following 2 plans are recommended for the 21 and 24 year old, to make savings overall;

1. VHI One Plan 250; price 669pa(24 year old) price 421pa(21 year old); all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at
250 x 2 max per year for all private hospital admissions, day case excess 150 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital.

2. VHI One Plan 150; price 730pa(24 year old) price 459pa(21 year old); all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at
150 x 2 max per year for all private hospital admissions, day case excess 150 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Plenty of savings to be achieved without losing cover.

Regards, Snowyb

Back