Laya renewal simply connect renewal options

loschecj

Renewal date end of June and currently have laya simply connect.
1 adult and 3 small children (all under 5). Wondering what are the best renewal options?

I like simply connect policy but wondering if there is better value out there?
Laya have free kids offer until end of June but the included health plans don't seem to compare well with simply connect.
Any ideas?
Thanks, all advice appreciated!

Hi loschecj,

Welcome to AAM.

Simply Connect would be best value for yourself, the only alternative, similarly priced, worth considering, would be Laya Simplicity price 1191pa.
Slightly lower excess and unlimited day to day - the first 100 expenses not allowed. Extra cover for a private room in private hospitals.

[broken link removed]

For the children, I would disagree with your opinion on the free kids offer.
The following 2 plans included in the offer are well worth considering and are very good value for money.
All three children are covered for the price of one - no change in hospital cover on both plans and Flex 125 Choice includes day to day cover
which may or may not be required, as your children should be part of the free gp for the under 6s.
Details as follows;

1. Flex 125 Explore; price 319pa ( just pay for 1 child and the rest are free) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 125 per
private/hi-tech admission, day case 50 per visit. Limited day to day cover but your children should have free gp visits as they are under 6 years.
This plan is excellent value for money, with very good savings to be achieved here.

2. Flex 125 Choice; price 505pa (just pay for 1 child and the rest are free) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 125 per
private/hi-tech admission. Day case 50 per visit. Good day to day cover included on this plan but this may not be required as your children
should have free gp visits covered as under 6s. The hospital cover on these 2 plans are the same, so the only difference is the day to day cover.

[broken link removed]

You are in the lucky position with a renewal date at the end of June, to be able to avail of this free kids offer, which is a very good offer.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

Can I myself stay on simply connect and put the kids on a flex125 and still avail of free kids offer..of so I have to switch also?

Also with the flex125 explore the family excess is 450€. As my kids would likely get free gp care and have little outpatient expenses...does the 450€ excess apply to a family before I could claim any money back, even if all expenses were incurred my me?

Thanks

You can stay on Simply Connect plan - adults can be on different plans to children, in fact also each child can be on a different individual plan
if it suits. In your case, it suits to put the children on the same plan to avail of the offer.

Regarding the family excess 450, no this does not apply to you as you are on a completely different plan, Simply Connect. The excess is 1 euro
on your plan, which will just apply to you seperately.

The 450 excess would apply to the children collectively or an individual excess of 150 would apply to each child.
This is a minor detail as they have free gp visits and would have little expenses.
More importantly, it does not apply to you and will not interfere with your outpatient expenses.

Snowyb

Back