Renewal Quote for Car from Broker.

Tintagel

I have my car insurance through Glennons Brokers. Every year before renewal I used to get my renewal quote sent out in the post to me about a month before my renewal date.

This year I just got an email telling me my insurance was due and to give them a call. No renewal quote/price or details etc.

There is something at the back of my mind telling me that I am supposed by law, to receive a full quote a month before renewal.

Am I right in this?

Seems to be a new thing. Am based in NI, but just got my car insurance renewal quote through and there was only a covering letter with the total price and the new monthly payment, but no statement of renewal that I usually got with a summary of the cover, my no claims discount & details of any accidents etc.

I rang them up and they said that the documents they send out has changed in the last year. They couldn't explain why the letter told me to check my schedule of payment was correct when there was no schedule of payment included!!

It mainly annoyed me as I had an accident last and there is no details of the claim being settled on my online account and it wasn't mentioned on my renewal either, but I renewed with them anyway in the end, as thanks to my protected no claims discount I'm actually paying less this year than last!!

Back