Health Insurance Renewal options 01/04/20 Adult, Young Adult & Teen

margaret1

Hi Snowyb,

I wonder if you can assist please. Currently we are all on VHI Company Plan Plus 1.3 Adult €1251.99 , Young Adult (20) €422.72, Teen €313.62 with renewal date 01/04/20

I may possible stay on Company Plan Plus 1.3 as I am happy with the cover & day to day unless there is a better option

I was thinking of changing our teen to VHI Company Plan Extra Level 2 Excess €287.16

The options for our 20 year old student (not sporty) are stay on Company Plan Plus 1.3, or move to PMI 45/10 (€435.74), PMI 07/10 €438.22) or this new plan they have launched 01/04 PMI 52/10 €415.58. There seems to be very little differences in the cover/cost that I can see clearly on the HIA website...I could do with your option if you would not mind.

Thank you so much.

margaret1

Hi margaret1,

Just to clarify, regarding the teen - that price of 287 is incorrect for VHI Company Plan Extra Level 2 Excess, correct price is 474pa.
The following VHI plan PMI 24 10 has extra hospital and 75% refunds day to day cover for the teen, price 371pa, if they would need or use this
extra cover. It may not be necessary but interesting to know whats available if required; Details as follows;

1. VHI PMI 24 10; teen price 371pa; all public, private (including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private hospital excess
150 per admission, day case 75 per procedure. Very good day to day cover, 75% refund for gp, consultants, etc. Whitfield Clinic fully covered.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

As you are based in Waterford, near the Whitfield Clinic, I would be inclined to stay with VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3 for yourself, and
20 year old student.
The other 2 options PMI 07 10 and 45 10 don't cover Whitfield Clinic.
Unless getting refunds of 75% is important for the student, (PMI 45 10) I would stay where you are.
The compromise on this plan is no Whitfield Clinic and the private hospital excess is 250 per admission.

The new plan PMI 52 10 has 60% orthopaedic and opthalmic cover, so not worth considering.

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you so much Snowyb. We will take your advice and stay on the plans we are on currently. I have no idea did I misread Company Plan Extra Level 2 Excess price or was it an entry error initially, either way it is what it is now so decision made there. PMI 2410 looks a good option but as you say I am not sure it is necessary as our teen thankfully rarely needs his health ins.

Many thanks again, your advice is always appreciated. Hope you stay safe & well throughout these uncertain times.

Back