Renewal of Driving Licence

Logo

I've just realised that my driving licence (issued on 2/Feb/2012) was due for renewal 02/Feb/2022 (don't think I got a Covid extension). I haven't received a renewal notice and tried to pay online without success. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance

I've just realised that my driving licence (issued on 2/Feb/2012) was due for renewal 02/Feb/2022 (don't think I got a Covid extension). I haven't received a renewal notice and tried to pay online without success. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance
I'm wondering if if that non result was age related?

go onto www.ndls.ie and book an appointment in person or if you have a public services card you can do it online either way it will tell you how to go about getting your renewal. Maybe the reason that you couldnt do it online is because you might not have a public services card

Thanks for the replies. I normally try to comply with rules and I still don't understand why a text or email is not sent as a reminder after 10 years that a driving licence or a passport is due for renewal.

well as mine is up next month i didnt wait until the last minute to apply to renew it but my appointment was yesterday and just after i got back from my appointment the postman had just dropped a reminder that my licence was up next month

Thanks for the replies. I normally try to comply with rules and I still don't understand why a text or email is not sent as a reminder after 10 years that a driving licence or a passport is due for renewal.
I got a reminder in the post before Christmas.

I had an appt booked in July 2021 but wasn't allowed to proceed with that one as my licence was extended.

Be aware that some groups for which you previously got a 10 year licence are now only valid for 5 years.

Email addresses and phone numbers degrade over time, as people change jobs, change email provider, change phone and more. I've found 10-15% of addresses bouncing after a year, so I can only imagine how high the bounce rate would be after ten years.

I'm going to renew my licence in person on Thursday as I don't have a Public Services card. There's no mention that I can find on the NDLS website of having to bring photographs with me. Do they take the photo there or they just presume you know that you have to bring photos?

I'm going to renew my licence in person on Thursday as I don't have a Public Services card. There's no mention that I can find on the NDLS website of having to bring photographs with me. Do they take the photo there or they just presume you know that you have to bring photos?
They take the photo at the desk.

If you have a MyGov account (do you need a public services account to , you can do it online in 5 minutes. I renewed mine over the weekend. Just answer some medical questions and off you go.

Back