Laya Renewal due, but should I change plan?

DaveD

Our Laya policy is due for renewal on April 1st for 2 adults and 3 children. Our current plan is Flex 500 Explore for the 2 adults (50 and 45) and Flex 125 Choice for the 3 children(14, 13, 8). Renewal premium is quoted at €171.56 per month.

We've had health insurance for many years and all are in good health except for some minor sports injuries to children and 1 adult sorted by physiotherapists appointments which the Flex 125 Choice plan has covered some of the costs for the children, including 50% towards orthotics for one of them.

Are there any other plans that offer the same cover for less cost or better cover for the same cost?

I've looked through the HIA website and I'm struggling to determine if any other plan is a better option for me. Anyone have any advice?

Hi DaveD,

The plans that you are on at the moment are reducing in price from 1st April 2019.
Flex 500 Explore will reduce from 838pa to 784pa and Flex 125 Choice will reduce from 571 to 505 for all children.

The only alternative option to make more savings is to switch one adult to VHI One Plan 500 @ 715pa.
At least one adult has to be insured with Laya, so as to also have the children insured with Laya. (children cannot be insured without an adult with
Laya). Note; there is just 60% cover for orthopaedic surgery on One Plan 500 and less hi-tech hospital cover than Flex 500 Explore.
With VHI, you have access to VHI Swiftcare Clinics, these clinics are only available to VHI customers.

Comparison as follows;
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards, Snowyb

Hi DaveD,

The plans that you are on at the moment are reducing in price from 1st April 2019.
Flex 500 Explore will reduce from 838pa to 784pa and Flex 125 Choice will reduce from 571 to 505 for all children.

The only alternative option to make more savings is to switch one adult to VHI One Plan 500 @ 715pa.
At least one adult has to be insured with Laya, so as to also have the children insured with Laya. (children cannot be insured without an adult with
Laya). Note; there is just 60% cover for orthopaedic surgery on One Plan 500 and less hi-tech hospital cover than Flex 500 Explore.
With VHI, you have access to VHI Swiftcare Clinics, these clinics are only available to VHI customers.

Comparison as follows;
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb, that's VERY useful to know. I'll give a call and see which price they've based my quote on.

Regards
DaveD

Back