Renewal : Currently with Laya Simplicity

DeclanDublin

I'm currently have the above plan and am considering alternatives as it falls due for renewal whilst I'm away, I want to review it in advance. I have to say, I like Laya, but I have both my house and car insurance with Aviva so I'm casting an eye in that direction as I think there is a discount available. I do have fairly routine day to day expenses and I have good coverage with Laya that I'd like to keep. Any suggestions?

Hi DeclanDublin,

Just to note that Simplicity plan fully covers a private room in a private hospital.
With that in mind the nearest equivalent Irish Life Plan is 'Be Fit 2' plan @ price 1352pa from 1 November 2018. Before Nov, price is 1393pa.
Details as follows;
1. Be Fit 2; price 1352(1/11/2018); all public, private(including private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 125 per private/hi-tech
admission or day case procedure, good day to day cover included - first consultant and gp visit fully covered, subsequent visits 50% refund etc.

If cover for a private room in a private hospital is not a priority, the following Irish Life plan is worth considering;
2. Irish Life 4D Health 2; price 1213pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per private/hi-tech admission, excess 75
per day case procedure. Good day to day cover 50% refund for consultant, gp visits, etc.

[broken link removed]

Note; Simplicity plan fully covers hip and knee replacement surgery in any private or hi-tech hospital as standard. There is a 2000 euro co-payment to pay for this type of surgery on Irish Life plans in general. I'm not sure if age wise this would
be a concern to you. If not, Irish Life plans are ok. The Blackrock Clinic don't pass this 2000 charge onto the patient, other private hospitals will, just something to be aware of when considering your options.

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
Snowy, thanks so much for this. I'll look into it in more detail. I'm not bothered about private rooms or the like and, thankfully, no hip or knee problems so far. :) Thanks again. I also want to check with Aviva as they have both my car and house insurance.

Footnote. I just see from the Aviva site that they partner with Irish Life. :) From looking at this, my best option is to go with the more expensive (in the short-term) Be Fit 2 as I'll save on the excess and,I'll get a 5% house and motor discount when they fall due next yr. Tx Again Snowy, you have made this process very simple and clear.

Last edited:
DeclanDublin,

As private rooms are not too important to you, there are 3 alternative Irish Life Options with lower excess amounts at cheaper prices.
Details as follows;

1. Irish Life Better Select; price 1302pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 75 per admission or 75 per day case procedure,
good day to day cover included.

2. Irish Life Health Plan 16.1; price 1303(from 1 Nov 2018) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 75 per admission or
75 per day case procedure. Good day to day cover included.

3. Irish Life Better Ultra; price 1300pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 100 per admission or 50 per day case procedure.
Good day to day cover included.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Back