Renewal Advice 2 adults+2 young adults aged 19 and 22

Carrie22

Hi, looking for advice re renewal with VHI. Currently 2 adults on PMI 4416 and 2 young adults on Smart Plan 250. Looking at PMI 0710 for the adults but don't know what the best priced policies are for the young adults with no health issues. Hoping the ever helpful Snowy b will reply.

Hi Carrie22,

The only alternative with private hospital cover worth considering is VHI One Plan 500, details as follows;

1. VHI One Plan 500; price 264pa(age 19 yrs), price 436pa(age 22 yrs); all public and private hospitals covered. Private hospital excess
500 x 2 max per year for all private hospital admissions, day case excess 150 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital.
Its about whether a 500 euro excess is too much or not.
[broken link removed]

The following 2 plans only cover public hospitals which would mean going on the same waiting list as everyone else without health insurance.
Its a way of making savings even for a while.

1. VHI Start Plan; price 136(age 19 yrs); price 268pa;(age 22 yrs); selected list of public hospitals covered. Its important to check this list to
make sure they suit your location.

2. VHI One Plan Starter; price 196(age 19 yrs); price 307(age 22 yrs); all public hospitals covered on this plan.
[broken link removed]

2 Adults; VHI PMI 07 10 is an excellent choice for yourselves.

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you Snowyb. I would be too afraid to not have any cover for private hospitals for my two young adults. We are in the mid-west so don't have many hospitals to choose from. That leaves me with One Plan 500 or Smart Plan 250. Apart from the amount of the excess they seem fairly similar. I've checked the hospital lists and those that we would be likely to use are covered by the Smart Plan 250. Do you think this is a slightly better plan than the One Plan 500? Many thanks again.

Carrie22,

The only difference between the 2 plans is the choice of hospitals and the excess amount for private hospital admissions or day case.
So Smart Plan 250 is worth it because of the lower excess, once you're happy with the list of hospitals(which you say you are).

Snowyb

Back