Discussion in 'Sites, planning, self-builds and extensions' started by Dopey1, 29 Sep 2018.

  1. Dopey1

    Dopey1 New Member

    Hi really hoping somebody can help me. Our house is to be smooth render finish as per the planning permission, i just noticed last night that the plasterer has done a finish that looks like something on an old house, it looks like stipple, he does this with a sponge. He said we should have said at the beginning we wanted smooth finish. Luckily only one side is done. He said there is something you can get that can go over the gritty finish, granular (?) comes in a tub, he couldnt remember name of it. Would anybody know.....
  2. kceire

    kceire Frequent Poster

    If its on the drawings, then its a contractor problem.
    Remove and start again, and this time tell him to do it correctly.