removing tile paint

wheels

When I moved into my new apartment last year I took a notion to paint over my tiles in kitchen with a tile paint. Most people seem to think it looks fine but from the moment I did it, I regretted it. The paint is a high gloss but I'd love to remove it.

B&Q have a product called Nitromors on their site for removing Paint & Vernish but I'm not sure if it will do the job. From what I gather, the paint is Latex based and scrapes off easily (but scraping could damage the tiles) so I would hope its not a hard job. Anyone advise me on a good product or have experience in removing paint from tiles?

Try this first, put down a few light towels on tiles, pour steaming hot water on top of them. The heat&steam might lift the latex.

If not re-tile....Probably cheaper in long run.

Thanks for that Mad M, decided not to chance it though as the worktop is wood and I didn't want to risk water damage.

I invested in a hob scraper that uses the old school blades and its worked perfectly. Paint peeled right off so now all I have to do is re-grout and they'll be back to the way they were! Hurrah!

Back