Removing Super Glue from my hands?

Rois

Have been doing some DIY crafts today and used super glue which is now firmly stuck on my hands and fingers. Any suggestions on how I can remove this - already tried the kitchen scourer but it hasn't worked?

est bet is to soak your hands in hot water for a while. Eventually you'll be able to peel off the glue. Soak them for about 10 mins to begin with, topping up the hot water as required. Then you can start working on the glue - if it's not budging, soak for another 5-10 mins, check again. Repeat until the glue lifts. You;ll need to be patient, and have the water fairly hot. I've used this method successfully with very strong glue.

Nail varnish remover should do the trick. I used it recently for getting glue off but not sure if it was the really super stuff or not.

Rois you're still not stuck are you?

I was going to post earlier but as some time had passed I left it - it should have peeled off again after about 1 hour.

I tried to fix my wing mirror in my car 2 years ago (never again).

I did manage to fix the mirror but some glue got around the window so while my wing view mirror was fine I couldn't open the window for about 3 months.

The best place to get superglue is in the 2Euro shops. For €2 you get 10 x 3g tubes of superglue together with a tube of "anti-bonding substance". I have not had occasion to use the "anti-bonding substance", but I expect that it should prevent Superglue from bonding to the skin.

The bigger advantage of the 10-tube packet is that it is cheap enough to dispose of the tube each time you use it. Using a new tube greatly lessens the risk of getting it on your hands.

I soaked my hands for about 20 mins and eventually the glue peeled off. There's still a tiny bit left, but its not sticky anymore (just hard) and I expect it will just wear away.

I soaked my hands for about 20 mins and eventually the glue peeled off. There's still a tiny bit left, but its not sticky anymore (just hard) and I expect it will just wear away.

Thanx Rois. Had that problem myself a couple of times whether it was with the superglue or gripfill.

Back