Removing sticker marks from new windows

darvas

new windows fitted recently. having no luck in removing adhevise sticker marks. have tried vinegar, hot water, etc. any ideas?

Try a wetting with white spirit on a rag and gentle scraping with a putty knife or similar blunt blade.

Sorry but maybe did not make query very clear. Stickers are removed from windows but cannot seem to remove their marks. Very noticable when windows are steamed especially in kitchen and bathroom.

have you tried using tea tree oil?
I know that is very good at removing the sticky residue that can be left after using tape or a sticker.

I got a yellow can of "Sticky Stuff remover" in Homebase for just such a problem. Spray it on, leave it for a little bit & then just scrape off with plastic spatula or similar.

use a hair dryer to blow warm air directly on the mark and a palette type knife pushing up and under the adhesive to remvoe

ditto pansyflower,
don't buy special products, put a bit of olive oil on a rag and gently wipe. Then dry off as much oil as possible and clean as normal.

got pato doors recently had similiar problem.The plastic film over doors which I removed a few weeks later left residue or film.Also brown rectangular tape also was very difficult to remove.I simply contacted the service dept.I guy came out and gave me 2 different bottles to remove the marks.As the bottles are in another house I do nt have names of them to hand. I also recently took delivery of 3 windows from same company so I immediately removed all stickers as I had spent an hour working on the 2 patio doors I had received earlier.The 2 bottles removed the marks.

Be carefull, if you use petrol or white spirits on a cloth it should work. Just get the cloth a little damp with either and rub it on the area where the mark is, be carefull.....! Try to not be smoking at the same time.........

Back