removing car scratches

T

theman

Can anyone recommend a good product for getting rid of scratch from a car? The scratches are only light but I'd still like to remove them if possible. I've tried a product called "scratch out" with no luck.

Would love to hear about a product that works for this. I have three fairly long scratches on the front wing of my car - leftovers from when I was learning to drive and living in a house with a very narrow front gate. I never really bothered with them until a while ago somebody decided to tippex over them! It is a white car but not tippex white and it looks awful.

Have you tried "T-Cut" or any other 'compound'? Go to your nearest car accessories shop and ask the guy behind the counter. Works ok for me, but it depends on the depth of the scratch.

Go very easy on the T-cut, and if your car has metallic paint make sure you get the appropriate kind. You could also try Johnsons "Color magic" (sic), it's a polish with colour dye (in a range of colours) and not bad for superficial scratches, although it won't do much for deeper scrapes...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll ask about T-Cut. It's metallic paint so hopefully it won't do any damage.

I heard about a company (from a car dealer) called Smart Finish recently. Apparently they come out to you and will spray over any scratches. I can imagine it would cost a bit but the results may be better than over the counter solutions.

I haven't tried them yet, I can get the phone number I was given and post it if anyone wants, but I'm sure it's prob in the phone book.

Back