Removing a Lis Pendens from a property

whiskey1

I lodged a Lis Pendens in the Land Registry a couple of years ago against a property. The court case is now at an end but the Lis Pendens remains on the property as a "burden". How do I remove the Lis pendens? Would I be correct in saying that I must bring a Motion before the County Registrar accompanied by a grounding Affidavit?

Also, who completes Form 33 as set out in rule 5 order 72A rules of the superior courts?

Then you need to cancel the Lis Pendens, why don't you ask the courts office what document you need, there is presumably a standard form for this.

I got it cancelled by the county registrar by bringing a motion before him. Normally form 33 is sent to the high court central office but they had no record of the lis pendens therefore it was back to the county registrar.

I'm confused, are you saying that the original Lis Pendans that you originally lodged was not registered?

I'm confused, are you saying that the original Lis Pendans that you originally lodged was not registered?

The original lis pendens was signed by my local county registrar following which i sent this to the land registry who then placed it on the folio of the property. Now that the case is over i went to remove the lis pendens as told by the land registry which was to have it removed by the high court central office. They had no record of it so my local county registrar signed an order for its removal which i must forward to the land registry.

Back