Removing a director

Lyndan

Hey All

Can someone advise me on the process for removing a director.

I live in an apartment block which was completed a year and a half ago. The directors of the developers are also the directors of the management company and we feel they are not working as part of the management company in our favour. This is mainly because one of the directors of the management company also owns property within our developement which he has leased out to a commercial unit, and by doing this has compromised our security (our security gates are now open for the shops opening hours 7-11) the shop uses our main entrance car park for its customers causing problems with residents accessing their homes due to traffic problems etc.

We have engaged a solicitor and he advised that we should remove this director from the Management Company as soon as possible as he is not acting in our best interests..

Anyone have any experience in doing this?

You will need to consult the memo and arts of the management company.
The companies registration office has some information on their website that might help

[broken link removed]

My understanding is that developers have de facto control of developments until such time as they choose to hand them over. Even if the developer can be removed as a director, I'm not sure what difference this will make.

Considering that you have engaged a solicitor and they have advised that you remove this director, are you not surprised that they haven't advised you how this is/could be done?

our solicitor has explained how to do it but i was looking for other peoples personal experiences with it and to double check what the solicitor is saying can be done.

Anyway thanks for the advice

Hi,

I am going through the same process as the moment. I have just gotten myself elected to the Board of Directors of out Management Company and here is lots of useful information that I found on the ODCE website.

[broken link removed]

Back