Remote working entry on Form 11

UltraTempest

Hi,

I have attached all receipts related to my eworking or remote working expenses: broadband & electricity/heating on the Revenue receipt tracker. I am now completing my form 11, where do I input these figures?

I don't believe I can complete a tax return in myaccount because I'm registered for income tax. So I complete a form 11 each year. Although I am a PAYE employee.

I would prefer not to miss out on this relief. Anyone know what to do here?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry I don't understand what you're on about.

You fill in a Form 11 every year why exactly?!

I am in the same position - (PAYE worker but I have to fill out a form 11 due to other income).

I found it - its on the PAYE/BIK/Pensions (2) section. On that tab look for 'Allowable Deductions Incurred in Employment'. There is then a box for 'Remote Working' Expenses.

A colleague contacted revenue re this and got a written response containing.

"In order to make your claim you need the number of days in the year you worked from home and the annual amount paid on allowable utility bills eg gas, electricity and broadband.

To calculate the portion of utility bills that apply to eworking days please use the formula

(Allowable utility bills X No of eworking days) divided by 365 days

Revenue will grant relief on 10% of this amount relating to utilities besides broadband. Revenue is willing to accept that the average proportion of broadband attributable to work is 30% for the tax year 2020"

I went with the above and claimed relief if 122 euro.

Was looking on ROS online and couldn't find where to claim this?? I'm a PAYE worker.

Ah, also looking to do this. I use PayLessTax.ie for doing Form11, don't see option on it. Also now must figure out how to claim 2020 and 2021 which already have been submitted...

Hey lukejr,
Did you manage to find a way to submit expense on previous years? I am registered on form 11 and have them already submitted too.

Back