Remote (SIM) control of central heating

Yes, the clock in that picture doesn't actually work, never has. But in any case, the GSM switch is just wired across the big red on/off switch on the left.

The GSM switch I used is this one. I used the 240V mains voltage version. However the manual for the 12V one shows wiring for a boiler. I didn't particularly understand it but in my case I only wanted control over the on/off switch which was comparatively easy to wire up.

My system (underfloor heating) is designed to be on all the time ... the timer just switches it to a higher/lower setting. So there was no need to bypass a timer. It looks from the wiring in the manual that you normally would have to. I imagine an electrician would know how to do it, but I couldn't get one so was on my own.

Last edited:
The photo with the apt timer clock & the gsm unit sitting on top.i have to wait over a hundred seconds to reply/post.dont know why.doing this off my phone

The photo with the apt timer clock & the gsm unit sitting on top.i have to wait over a hundred seconds to reply/post.dont know why.doing this off my phone
Updated my previous post ... See above. (Sorry, typing slowly on iPad here).

Does this by pass the clock? I have the same one.does the timer have to be set to on all the time than you text on & the heating comes on.please help.new to this

You can wire the GSM unit in parallel to the existing timer, that way you can control it with either the timer, or the GSM unit. If either are set to 'on', the heating will run, so you get the best of both worlds where you can use your normal timed settings, but also turn it on remotely if you're returning at a different time.

You can wire the GSM unit in parallel to the existing timer, that way you can control it with either the timer, or the GSM unit. If either are set to 'on', the heating will run, so you get the best of both worlds where you can use your normal timed settings, but also turn it on remotely if you're returning at a different time.

Is there a diagram on how to do this please?
Or does any have a diagram or photo on how to do the Texton one ?
Regard
SCALLY

Back