Remortgage

A

anonuser

Would like to remortgage as I just cannot keep up with the payments on house & car etc, although have got quotes and just need a fresh start know that I can make new repayments, just need to clear debts and start again.

Any help or advise appreciated

If you could post a breakdown of your mortgage and loans (balances) and your gross annual income along with the market value of your house I can advise you of your options.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

I think this is probably more common than people realise, my sister has also remortgaged her house, as the value had increased she used this to repay personal debt.

Its probably not a very wise option, spreading cost of existing car loan over life of mortgage, would work out very expensive, I can appreciate how it may happen and that it may be the only option available other than selling house.

YOU'VE got to be serious about not getting back in same position in few years time otherwise you may as well sell now, I'm not really sure my sister is.

Your going to need all the documents that you normally need for applying for a mortgage, Not really sure what else to say

Best of luck

anonuser said:
Would like to remortgage as I just cannot keep up with the payments on house & car etc, although have got quotes and just need a fresh start know that I can make new repayments, just need to clear debts and start again.

Any help or advise appreciated

DO you not watch eddie hobbs,without you even putting up your incomings/outgoings,(bar your after having some unusual life event happen) i could nearly guess your living beyond your means.yes you might be able to remortgage this time but if you do not address the underlining issue,mainly your household spends more than it's makes you will be in the exact same position in 3,4,5 years time and you may have no equity in your house then.

thewatcher said:
DO you not watch eddie hobbs,without you even putting up your incomings/outgoings,(bar your after having some unusual life event happen) i could nearly guess your living beyond your means.yes you might be able to remortgage this time but if you do not address the underlining issue,mainly your household spends more than it's makes you will be in the exact same position in 3,4,5 years time and you may have no equity in your house then.

Rather than being judgemental here folks, would it not be more helpful to ask the OP to do as Sarah has requested.

This would enable a proper assessment to be made, based on some real facts.

I am sure, as time goes by, and as the enormity of the Debt Mountain becomes more apparent, we are going to see a lot more of these type of posts.

As a start, it would probably be extremely useful for Anonuser to check out the service provided by MABS (Money Advice & Budgeting Service).

Back