Religious salutations in business emails

Maybe the religious greeting is being taken out of context.

The real issue is that the work is not up to standard. I'd suggest your friend deals with this professionally under the company guidelines/service level agreements as they would with any other colleague/contact rather than being sidetracked about what greeting is being used.

I agree with PM1234. If the situation is as described above then the real issue that your friend should be concerned about is the work being done (or not) by the correspondent and how to deal with problems in that area. The salutation, which it might irritate some people, in the greater scheme of things is hardly a significant issue that time, energy and resources should be wasted on.

Maybe your friend could adopt an appropriate 'sig' for use in their email correspondence with this character?

[broken link removed]

Or become a Hindu and make your salutation line "Dear .... in ...." infinitely long just to annoy your man?

If the email conveyed tidings of a win or some other good news would it still cause unease. When i was young i often put the initials S.A.G. on the back of an envelope being posted. Later in life i changed when circumstances demanded the initials to S.W.A.L.K. I hope i will not be censured for this levity.

Reply with "Dear _________, in Gaia.

That should get the message across without causing offence.

Or how about "Dear Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the lead piping" now matter what their actual name, location or lethal weapon of choice is?

I usually just point out that I'm not a Christian. She could put this as a PS in any reply.

If the email conveyed tidings of a win or some other good news would it still cause unease. When i was young i often put the initials S.A.G. on the back of an envelope being posted. Later in life i changed when circumstances demanded the initials to S.W.A.L.K. I hope i will not be censured for this levity.
Brevity is the soull of levity:)

Back