reliable email hosting service

gooner

Hi,

Any of you rely largely on email for your business and what is your experience with your isp?

My company relies almost 100% on email services and we currently experience quite a lot of downtime with the isp's mail servers.It is not a dsl problem,but downtime on their servers (mosty incoming),which they claim is mostly due to spam.

Any of you guys have good or bad experience with isp's in this regard?

Do you have any advice on finding an isp that can provide as close to 100% email uptime as possible.I'm pretty sure if I put the question to any isp,including my current one,they will all claim that they have the best service?

I use host.ie and I think they have experienced (or I have noticed) one downtime in the past 18 months or so. That was for a few hours one day due to a spam problem. I think this is about as good as you will get in the Irish market, but of course you don't have to be tied to the Irish market, given the nature of the internet.

Any ISP worth its salt should have sufficient protection in place to stop a major spam outbreak killing its mail servers, but of course this all costs money and some ISPs may not want to stump up for this because their customers will be comparing their prices against US ISPs who can benefit from major economies of scale.

z

Back