Home Reinstatement cost?

kopkidda

Hi,currently getting quotes at the moment, how do you calculate the reinstatement cost of the house as in the current climate it has probably gone down?Dont want to be over insuring.

Have a look at scs.ie/publications as they have a rebuild guide which has taken into account the reduced cost of building

I've read over the scs guide and I note they say the following; -

The amounts included for professional fees have been calculated to
cover the following services:
Building surveyor/architect: prepare working drawings and
specification, and administer the building contract.

Unless the house is totally demolished already, it may require demolition, for example after a bad fire.

I'd be a little concerned that they seem to omit the fees for a making planning application and producing tender documents.

Only including for "working drawings" suggests planning permission and going out to tender aren't required and I'm not sure that's correct.

Total demolition and carting away, including removal of service connections and if necessary foundations may not constitute exempted development.

Certainly in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown they've recently become very stickly on what is coverd by an extension permission in terms of demolition works on drawings.

Omiting fees for Planning and Tender stage seems unwise - these can constitute 30% and 20% of the architects fees respectively - half the professional fees may be missing.

ONQ

I've read over the scs guide and I note they say the following; -

The amounts included for professional fees have been calculated to
cover the following services:
Building surveyor/architect: prepare working drawings and
specification, and administer the building contract.

Unless the house is totally demolished already, it may require demolition, for example after a bad fire.

I'd be a little concerned that they seem to omit the fees for a making planning application and producing tender documents.

Only including for "working drawings" suggests planning permission and going out to tender aren't required and I'm not sure that's correct.

Total demolition and carting away, including removal of service connections and if necessary foundations may not constitute exempted development.

Certainly in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown they've recently become very stickly on what is coverd by an extension permission in terms of demolition works on drawings.

Omiting fees for Planning and Tender stage seems unwise - these can constitute 30% and 20% of the architects fees respectively - half the professional fees may be missing.

ONQ
The fees would normally include the cost of applying for planning and the production and supervising the tender documents.
In my job as a Loss Assessor I have never come across a claim where this has been a problem.
Please note that in the case of a household claim you are covered (in most cases) for reinstatement and these would be considered as part of the overall cost of rebuilding.

The fees would normally include the cost of applying for planning and the production and supervising the tender documents.
In my job as a Loss Assessor I have never come across a claim where this has been a problem.
Please note that in the case of a household claim you are covered (in most cases) for reinstatement and these would be considered as part of the overall cost of rebuilding.

That's quite comforting. I have dealt with Loss Assessors and found them reasonable. I was just pointing out the apparent shortcoming in the quoted figures from the SCS. Its that attitude to small print that people need to develop when considering insurance matters.

:)

ONQ.

Back