Reid Furniture:opinions re price, product quality, delivery, after sales service etc.

Re: Reid Furniture

You are exposing yourself to a very serious risk if doing business with this crowd of chancers. Their customer service standards are appalling; almost non-existent. One gets the impression that their staff are totally untrained; they seem to know very little about their product line.
They tend to "forget" to reinstate refunds to credit or debit cards and need to be constantly badgered to ensure that they do so.
If they had the redeeming feature of being cheap there might be some justification for doing business with them - but they are anything but cheap!
There are lots of other - better - furniture providers in Ireland.
Reduce your chance of a bad retail experience - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Interesting to compare the Irish prices with the UK ones. Dining suite in Ireland €899 and in UK it is £599. Matchig chairs are €179 in Ireland and £125 in UK. I have sent email to UK customer services dept seeking explanation. I will post up reply.

Yeah the difference in price for the same items on their UK site and in Irish stores is now massive. I presume it's not possible to order from the UK website?

Bought a 3-1-1 off them couple of years ago. Really wanted the electric reclining ones but settled on the manual ones as there was €600 in the difference and i could not justify it. Anyway two months later delivery comes and it's the electric ones. I rang up reid 3 times to be honest and tell them of their err. They said they would get back to me but never did. So i got a good deal in the end.

Interesting to compare the Irish prices with the UK ones. Dining suite in Ireland €899 and in UK it is £599. Matchig chairs are €179 in Ireland and £125 in UK. I have sent email to UK customer services dept seeking explanation. I will post up reply.

Pricewise its the same with product all over Ireland. From clothes to gadgets to everything really. Went to buy a pair of cufflinks in Debanhams few days ago €31 or £20. Just couldn't pay it.

I heard what they are doing to rectify the problem though. Take the UK prices off the products.:rolleyes:

Reid are an absolute disgrace - Rude Infuriating and Incompetent

My corner unit arrived two months late. Not only that but they only brought half of the unit AND in the wrong colour.
Tried to tell me it was in the terms and conditions that refunds aren't available ? he was "simply following rules", to which I responded I was following the law and I would be consulting my solicitor. After ALOT of aruing and calls to overseas director I was told I woukld be refunded but I'm still waiting...

Reid by all accounts have a bad reputation - has this improved since the market has gotten weaker?

I'm asking because I have my eye on a suite of furniture at a good price in Reids...

I've had two deliveries from Reids in the last few years. No problem with either of them and they both arrived within the timeframe they gave me.

One bit of advice - I've heard they can sometimes take issue with carrying heavy items up stairs. If you live in an apt get them to write your floor number on the docket and to indicate on it that they're to carry it up the stairs. I'd also make sure the colour of the suite etc is written clearly on the docket. My experience is that they are very open to giving extra discounts - particularly their stupid extra charge for carrying things up the stairs. Just make sure everything is on the docket.

Make sure that your contract depends on them delivering the goods by a certain date, and that any deposit is refundable if the goods don't arrive by that date. Get this in writing.

I feel compelled to let people know about my experience with Reid Furniture (Cork).

I was sold a leather corner suite by a lovely sales rep.

I was told that the couch would take 12-14 weeks to receive, again, no problems.

I received the corner unit in packaging and said to the delivery guys that i would take off the packaging myself and for them not to worry about it. I did however air caution and put on the delivery docket that i had accepted the goods without the packaging being removed. BIG MISTAKE!!

When i checked the footstool it was damaged, cracked leg and scuff marks. I got onto the store immediately. I called about 15 times over the next month and kept getting told someone would contact me. Eventually a sales rep called out and offered to wipe the scuff marks with some cream? and replace the plastic part of the foot (the damage inside the footstool couldn't be seen from the outside so he obviously thought what you can't see won't hurt you).

He even told me that the small print at the back of the delivery docket states that you need to let the delivery men take off the packaging.

This I have found out is not worth the paper its written on so don't be duped into thinking you don't stand a hope with these boys.

I wrote letters, got my boyfriend to call in on my behalf, threatened small claims court etc and eventually i have now received my replacement.

It has taken about 8 months since the initial payment to have my corner unit in a non damaged way and if i was picky i must add that the fabric is slightly different.

Anyway, my point after all this is to stay away from Reid.

They are probably fine to deal with once everything is dandy but don't expect any customer service if you are dissatisfied or there are any problems.

Be warned!

Thanks for all this info guys. Was considering buying a corner unit there but won't bother now. Have had enought bad customer service from Sky over the past few weeks to last a lifetime, dont need to add Reids to my list by the sounds of it:)

Bought a sofa of Reids 6 months ago and its falling apart they have agreed to give me my money back which is great but......My new sofa will not be ready untill end of Jan.

I have told reids this and they said it was not there problem but mine as they want there sofa back 1 week before xmas .....Would seriously advise you NOT to purchase from Reids.
I was also had to wait an extra 2 months for mine to be delivered .

While happy with my suite, i too had problems when it came to delivery.
- Suite arrived a few weeks late
- Refused to carry the 3 seater upstairs even though i had told them up front that i lived in an upstairs apartment without a lift.

Ended up demanding a refund on the delivery charge.

I had a problem with this a few years ago. I told them thats fine, put the furniture back in the truck ring your boss and tell them I want my money back! Needless to say five minutes later the furniture was where it was supposed to be in my apartment.

Was in there today and have picked out a suite that the Mrs liked for 3K, but after reading this I'm in two minds, I mean most of these crowds operate on the suites being manufactured in China, be it Reids, Land of Leather Cost Price Sofa's Argos etc, can anyone recommend a retailer in or around Dublin who stock and hold sofa's and you can trust to look after the customer?

Im quickly going off Reid after reading this thread .... although I like 2 sofas they have at the moment, sorry to go off thread but anyone any experience of Cost Plus Sofas ?

after Reids went over there on the Kylemore Road, found the place to be poorly lit and didn't find the quality of the Sofa's particularly the leather ones to be as good as Reids. Think it works on the same principle as in you pay deposit and wait 15 weeks for sofas to ship from china.

after Reids went over there on the Kylemore Road, found the place to be poorly lit and didn't find the quality of the Sofa's particularly the leather ones to be as good as Reids. Think it works on the same principle as in you pay deposit and wait 15 weeks for sofas to ship from china.

Cost Price Sofas quality, apart from a few exceptions, would be far less than Reids.

Re: Reid Furniture:eek:pinions re price, product quality, delivery, after sales service

What I am trying to say, probably badly, is that the overall quality of the Sofa's in Cost Price Sofas are not as good as Reids. There are always, of course a few exceptions but overall Reids would be higher quality.

Re: Reid Furniture:eek:pinions re price, product quality, delivery, after sales service

Thanks MandaC, for clarifying that.

Ive updated the thread title somewhat to reflect the discussion.

aj

I'm really stuck now liked the Leather Sofas I saw in Reids but after reading this thread and some on boards.ie I'm a bit scared of ordering from them, but I don't really see any worthwhile alternatives in the Dublin Area, has anyone came across a store that can be trusted to meet the delivery time set out or crowds who have good quality leather suites in stock? I take it Harvey Norman have the same situation anyone experience of them? What about Arnotts or Clearys?

Back