Registered letter from KBC

Isame12

Hi
I received a registered letter yesterday from KBC asking me to contact them. I haven't been a customer since 2008 when I sold a house had a mortgage with them from 2001-2008. I called number but goes straight to voicemail so called main bank and they say they know nothing about it "must have been mistake"! Just confused as I have moved 6 times and they managed to track down my new address anyone else get this letter

Maybe write a brief letter in reply acknowledging receipt and what you were told on the phone and forget about it until/unless they contact them again. I'm assuming that you know for sure that you don't owe them any money or anything.

Maybe they owe you money? :)

I got some paltry amount of €43 from Ulster Bank because I was overcharged around 2010 - It included about €6 "compensation".

I also got a letter from EBS recently asking me to confirm my identity as my record needed updating - I closed my account with them in 2006, but seems there was a few cent credit balance. Account was closed after a phone call.

The number is probably a direct line to someone dealing with legacy issues as the bank prepare for closure and is either a box ticking exercise or there's a small credit owing to you.

Back