Refused planning again

jigseyCork

Hi

It's been a 8 months since my last post regarding planning. After being refused planning in september due to fact the site we had in mind had 3 refusals on it (we didnt no until the planning went in).
So after consultation with councillors and planners we were advised we would get planning in the area if we got a "virgin site". So we acquired a site that met the requirements.
Unfortuntley we have just had the planning refused on the ground there are too many house in the area, there's about 12 along a road mile and half.
We are considering appealling but are we wasting our time???

thanks

sorry to learn of your problem.

I suppose the only glimmer of light, is that there is an election due this year - why not work on a local politician now

It took us four years to get planning we just kept at it and we got great help from our local politicians. So maybe keep at it for another while. Good luck!

forget the councillor, unless he's going for the Dail. You need to get one of the TD's interested.

I'm aware that many of the planners in county Cork will say that they are absolutely not influenced by TDs/councilors moaning to them so not sure how much it might help.
Isn't one of the things in the County development plan that if you are making a contribution to local area that it helps.....no hope of either of you becoming a guard/teacher/priest/nun and getting yourself stationed in the area?
As part of the bigger picture I think its madness that we have no national policy on waste management/house building etc. You can get planning in some counties/areas but not a hope in the other.
You have a situation in Cork City where you have to pay €2 to bring paper/plastic/cardboard recycling to the dump. And is it now €30 to recycle grass/wood there i think? All that is free the last time I checked in Dublin?

Very little chance of appealing successfully. ABP are stricter than Cork County Council generally so your chances there are lower.

Also they are far less likely to be influenced by local councillors.

Look for another site.

Very little chance of appealing successfully. ABP are stricter than Cork County Council generally so your chances there are lower.

Also they are far less likely to be influenced by local councillors.

Look for another site.

You two options you can appeal or re -apply for planning permisson.

There is strict time Limits on appealing, when you appeal , your application is looked at a fresh by the board. Currently there is a 18 week period for decisions to made on appeals but this could be extended. I really would advise you to look at the stats on the boards website etc before completing dismissing appealing. If you do appeal and it is refused again , you can always re-lodged your application with the planning authority.

Back