Life refused life insurance

C

columbo

I was refused life insurance (mortgage income protection) two years ago when we were buying a house. I had a few outstanding issues that concerned them - one of my parents died young from a heart attack. Being a good/concerned citizen, and proactively managing my health (this was before we were purchasing the house) I got checked out by a cardiologist - and was cleared - but i also had another thing wrong with me (which is still unresolved), namely a helico infection.....tried the triple therapy but it made me so sck i couldn't compelete the regime....so when i went to get life insurance i had to undergo a helico breath test - which, not surprisingly (given the incomplete course of antibiotics) came back positive.

The mortgage providers agreed to waive their requirement for my life to be covered; my wife's life is covered. Between one thing and another I never got it sorted in the meantime.......and sometimes get very anxious that if anything happened to me i would leave my wife and two young kids with a celtic tiger mortgage which would leave them financially ruined......

...does anyone know a company who would sort all this out for me?.....the last time i used the mortgage broker we had for the house purchase....but they were very inexperienced in that area....i'm looking for a company that will hold my hand through the process and who understand the subtleties of the insurance companies...and will help me to get insurance out the other end......please help.....

by the way, i don't smoke, play sport competitively and very rarely drink.....

thanks,
columbo

My advice would be to get medical advice on your condition.Perhaps a kinder treatment is now available.If you can get medical clearance you will have a chance of obtaining life cover at ordinary rates,or at best rate available based on your current medical history.Good luck.

many thanks....I have a feeling that the treatment approach has not altered very much in the meantime - but maybe the combination of antibiotics can be changed.....would still like to identify an experienced company who could help me navigate through the various life insurance companies....

Most financial advisers will deal with a number of companies and will be able to contact different underwriting departments before submitting an application to the companies that are willing to look at your case.

Www.powerinsurances.ie

Suggest you get the medical aspects checked out first, ideally with a doctor who knows how life insurance underwriters rate different conditions. If you're living in the Dublin area, probably the best bet is Dr. Paul Gueret in Baggot St.

many thanks for the additional comments - they are all useful....

Back