Refuse charges - Credit refund

Lorrie

Hi
Alot of you are probably aware of the €39/40 tax credit on refuse charges (bin bag) - what I didn't know was I could claim for the past 4 years as I had not previously. Sent them short letter and received re-printed Tax Credit letters from 2002 - 2005 plus cheque for €156.60 which I didn't expect. Just to let you know its available.

Re: Refuse Credit Refund

My husband and i only started it this year. We must try and see if we can get it back dated too!!! Better in our pockets than theirs!

When (/if) the Revenue get the online service up and running.... should be a mention of it with your latest tax cert.... through [broken link removed], you'll be able to reclaim all this through the automated service making it a lot easier too.

But if you've previous years to claim back why wait until April/May.... its your money, go get it!

Re: Refuse Credit Refund

dangerhere said:
Can both husband and wife make seperate claims for it?

If you have 2 bin services for some reason and each pay for one (ie on a holiday home in this country), or each can claim they pay half of the charge. But if you are asking can both claim for the same amount, then no.

Also, you claim based on what was paid in the previous year.

Back